Central Diesel Services Ltd (CDSL) is celebrating 25 years since operations began in November 1995, when Bert and Debbie Hayden founded Central Diesel Services as an independent workshop with the intention of being the primary support for the International Trucks dealer, in Mount Maunganui. A great deal has changed during this period of significant growth in the transport industry in the Bay of Plenty, and CDSL has now become one of the largest and most respected providers of services to this critical industry.
As can be seen on the timeline below, CDSL has steadily expanded to meet the growing demand for a wide range of transport services, with a high level of customer service, knowledge and expertise essential in this competitive business. But what really sets CDSL apart is the strong family values that transcend their business decisions and has built a team of loyal and hard-working employees.
- CDS formed by Bert and Debbie Hayden
- CDS appointed Cummins engine dealer for the Mount Maunganui and Tauranga regions.
- CDS expanded offering to include Transport Engineering, with a new purpose built facility created in Hull road.
- CDS became a limited liability company with the establishment of a joint venture with TRT Ltd from Hamilton.
- CDSL appointed Mercedes Benz and Freightliner Trucks Parts and Service Dealer for the Mount Maunganui and Tauranga regions.
- CDSL appointed BPW parts dealer for the Bay of Plenty.
- CDSL appointed Detroit engine dealer for the Mount Maunganui and Tauranga regions.
- CDSL gained recognition at Mercedes Benz awards, winning Service Manager of the year, along with Parts Manager of the year. Further awards followed, winning Parts Manager of the year for the next 2 years.
- CDSL bought out TRT’s share of the business, re-establishing 100% family ownership by Bert and Debbie Hayden.
- CDSL demolished the adjacent building at 70 Hull Road, to increase their land area and allow for much easier drive-through access. The entire yard was then concreted to improve drainage and provide a much cleaner work environment.
- CDSL appointed Jost dealer for the Bay of Plenty.
- CDSL took over leased premises at 55 Hull Road, and after undertaking significant improvements, moved the growing transport engineering business to this new location.
- By moving the transport engineering business, CDSL created 2 new drive through bays, to be used by the growing need for more mechanical repair and maintenance space. The first stage of office and warehouse changes were also made, creating more floor area for the growing inventory of parts.
- CDSL appointed FUSO dealer for the Mount Maunganui and Tauranga regions.
- CDSL, in association with VTNZ offers on-site COF testing, primarily as a service to their existing customer base.
- CDSL appointed Mercedes Benz, Freightliner and FUSO Parts and Service Dealer in Rotorua, taking over purpose-built facilities
Further expansion is still in the planning stages, but is expected to include extension of the range of products offered by our Transport Engineering business, and a major facelift of the main premises at 70 Hull Road.
What started as a small family owned business with only 3 employees has grown into a market leader with over 25 years of expertise in the heavy transport industry across the Bay of Plenty region, that now has over 40 employees.
CDSL is dedicated to working in partnership with their suppliers and customers, treating all with honesty, dignity and respect while providing outstanding service and support within the transport industry.